Tuesday, December 18

I am a magpie.


Dear Blog,

Still no Friday Fables. Please forgive me. But I do have something to share. A simple, quick poem by the name of 'I am a magpie'. Nothing too special, though.

I am a magpie. 
Collecting is my craze.
I am a magpie.
Always in a haze.

I am a magpie.
Black sheep of the herd. 
I am a magpie.
Forever ignored and misheard.

I am a magpie.
Taking things to my nest.
I am a magpie.
Never stop to rest.

I am a magpie.
Protective of my kin.
I am a magpie.
But never shall I win.

I am a magpie.
Thought to not bring luck.
I am a magpie.
Spent my life being stuck.

I am a magpie.
Things will never change.
I am a magpie.
Can't keep life from being strange.


I hope you liked it! And, please, remember the next Friday Fable is coming soon.


Until next time,
Daniela
An Aspiring Author - Lit by the Engaging Dot of the Crescent Moon

4 comments:

  1. nice text *-* your blog is very good and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ Thi Lan: Thanks! And I will - it looks quite appealing.

      Delete
  2. What an interesting and thought provoking poem. I quite like it!
    (I think I may be a magpie too)

    ---->> Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ Kate: Thank you! It's really pleasing to see someone out there is reading my poems and actually enjoying them. You have a really lovely blog, by the way. I've left a comment over there.

      (Maybe! I actually think everyone's a magpie - but only a few ever realize this because they have faced a time in their life that allows them to let their inner magpie feelings flow and come to ponder this. Still, this is just a crazy idea that occurred to me one day!)

      Delete