Sunday, May 13

Pocket Watch: Part III

Dear Blog,

Foreword: 
Please excuse me for taking so long to post the semi-final part of my pocket watch story. I apologize to all the readers I have gained with my writing who so dearly longed to finish reading the peculiar adventures of the elder man and his pocket watch. Enough said! Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the following section of the pocket watch story, which you have anticipated for so long!

This time the memory wasn't so misty. Feelings, colors, sounds and smells came to him in an instant. A school bell rang as gleeful, beaming children began to fill the one-room school house. A laughing, young teacher stood by the entrance, welcoming her students with a benevolent smile spread across her face. Locks of her hair were loose from her bun and freely danced in the wind.
What was left of the children, who still hadn't entered the building, where racing each other across the spring lanes so they wouldn't be late. Amongst them was the elder. But he didn't feel old anymore. He felt as if his spirit had lightened, become younger. He felt the unquenchable thirst for adventure, mischief and entertainment  which all young children have.
The breeze playfully ruffled his hair. He let his lungs fill with the pure, aromatic country air full of the sweet scent of cherry blossoms which flourished and bloomed across the terrain, with their unique and pale pastel shades of pink. He skidded around the lush and rich flora, leaping over long patches of turf.
He couldn't have been happier as he jogged to the snug and welcoming school house, watched by fellow students either crowded around the small windows or lined up at the doorway,  slightly jealous of his carefree attitude.
The elder chuckled, now a young boy enjoying life like never before. He didn't understand how later in life, in his memory which he had visited previously, he would give up all of this to grow-up faster. He realized that someone's childhood was the best and shortest time of a human's life, so they should make the most of it and cherish every moment.

He sighed and forced himself to turn the knob again, not wanting to leave this memory. He shook his thoughts off and turned it, faster and faster.


To be continued, only once more...



6 comments:

  1. Thank you for Part III. I adore your writing style and detailed descriptions. I cannot wait to read the end of the story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ Anonymous: Thank you so much! I am glad someone out there enjoys reading my precious work.

      Delete
  2. I can feel while I am reading your story that you are a very sensitive person. The way you describe the smell, the colors, people's feelings is beautiful. I can truly predict that you will be a very succesful author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ Anonymous: Thank you so, so very much! You really motivated me with your moving words. I really appreciated it!

      Delete
  3. You said it: Childhood is the shortest and happiest time of our lives, and if I may add, that most influencies all our future behavior . Therefore children: be happy !!!!!!!!

    Love your writting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ Anonymous: Thank you so much! I'm glad so many people enjoy my writing; and, yes, children should appreciate everything they have and be happy. Or at least try to.

      Delete